ANALYTICAL METHOD DEVELOPMENT AND VALIDATION FOR THE ESTIMATION OF DILTIAZEM HYDROCHLORIDE IN BULK AND PHARMACEUTICAL DOSAGE FORM BY RP- HPLC
A simple, specific, precise and accurate Reverse Phase High Performance Liquid Chromatography (RP-HPLC) method was developed and validated for the estimation of Diltiazem Hydrochloride in bulk and pharmaceutical dosage form. The chromatographic determination was performed on isocratic high performance liquid chromatography system of Agilent model no.1220. The separation was conducted by using column of Zorbax [C8 (5µ, 4.6 mm×250)] with mobile phase consisting of buffer and Acetonitrile in the ratio of (60:40). The mobile phase was delivered at the flow rate of 1.0ml/min. The eluent was monitored at wavelength 240 nm and found a sharp and symmetrical peak with retention time of 4.66min. The method was validated for linearity, accuracy, precision, specificity, robustness. Recovery of Diltiazem Hydrochloride was found to be in the range of 98%-102%. The method was found to be linear over the concentration range 50-150 µg/ml with coefficient correlation r2 = 0.995. After developing method, validation parameters were carried out successfully and obtained results were complied with USP monograph.
2. Chatpalliwar VA, Porwal PK, Upmanyu N. Validated gradient stability indicating HPLC method for determining Diltiazem hydrochloride and related substances in bulk drug and novel tablet formulation. Journal of Pharmaceutical Analysis. 2012;2(3): 226–37.
3. Cumar RP, Vasudevan M, Raman D. RP-HPLC Method development and validation for the estimation of Diltiazem in bulk and tablet dosage forms. Asian J Pharm Clin Res. 2012; 5(3): 62-4.
4. H. Rowe, S. Wahab, B. Voigt. Method Development and Validation of a Stability-Indicating HPLC Assay Method for the Quantitation of Diltiazem Hydrochloride in Compounded Oral Preparations, United States Pharmacopeia.
5. Naz S, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shafi N. Simultaneous determination of Prazosin and Calcium chanel blockers in raw materials, pharmaceutical formulations and human serum by RP-HPLC. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Development.2010; 2(9): 6-12.
6. Gawande VV, Chandewar AV. Development and validation of spectroscopic method for estimation of diltiazem hydrochloride in solid dosage form. J Pharm Res. 2010;3(12): 3032-33.
7. Remon JP, Vergote GJ, Vervaet C, Haemers T, Verpoort F. Near-infrared FT-Raman spectroscopy as a rapid analytical tool for the determination of Diltiazem hydrochloride in tablets. Eur J Pharm Sci. 2002;16: 63–7.
8. Bhatia MS, Kulkarni S, Jadhav SD, Khetmar SS. Development of Chromatographic Technique for Simultaneous Estimation of Lovastatin and Diltiazem Hydrochloride. Mahidol University Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences. 2012; 39 (3-4): 17-23.
9. Siddiqui FA, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shafi N, Hussainc A. Development of a RP-HPLC method for the simultaneous analysis of Diltiazem and statin. Application in pharmaceuticals and human serum. Analytical Methods. 2010; 2: 1571–76.
10. Siddiqui FA, Sultana N, Arayne MS, Shafi N, Hussain A. Development and Validation of New assay method for the simultaneous analysis of Diltiazem, Metformin, Pioglitazone and Rosiglitazone by RP-HPLC and applications in pharmaceuticals and human Serum. J Chromatogr Sci. 2011;49: 774-79.
11. Chaudhari B. G, Patel J. Development and validation of dual wavelength spectrophotometric method for simultaneous estimation of Rosuvastatin and Diltiazem in combined dosage form. International Journal for Pharmaceutical Research Scholars. 2012;1(3):146-53.
12. Coors C, Schulz HG, Stache F. Development and validation of a bioanalytical method for the quantification of Diltiazem and Desacetyl Diltiazem in plasma by capillary zone electrophoresis, J Chromatogr A. 1995;717:235-43.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM