REVIEW OF MARKETING AUTHORIZATION OF MEDICAL DEVICES IN INDIA
Marketing authorization of medical devices in India is given under heading “Registration Certificate and it is as per the regulatory processes in other countries. The foreign companies marketing of medical devices require either own office or an agent to receive, store and distribute the devices. The marketing Authorization (Registration Certificate) is considered valid for three years from the date of its issue. Only the Notified Medical Devices, New medical Devices and the devices classified under drug rules require marketing Authorization from DCGI. The other medical devices e.g. Non-notified devices do not require manufacturing, sales, import registration and can be marketed freely.
2. Medical Device Division [Internet]. CDSCO New Delhi, India; 2014 March [cited 2014 April 24]. Available from:
3. Medical devices and diagnostics - Central Drugs Standard [Internet]. CDSCO New Delhi, India; 2014 [cited 2014 May 03]. Available from:
4. Manufacture of medical devices - Central Drugs Standard [Internet]. CDSCO New Delhi, India; [date unknown] [cited 2014 May 06].
5. Form 40 [Internet]. CDSCO New Delhi, India; [date unknown] [cited 2014 June 13]. Available from:
6. Form-10 ncd.doc - Central Drugs Standard Control [Internet]. CDSCO New Delhi, India; [date unknown] [cited 2014 June 20]. Available from:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM