Overview of Drug Regulatory Affairs and Drug approval process in US, Europe, India and Canada: A Review
Pharmaceutical drug regulatory affairs issues administer enlistment parameters of pharmaceutical products. It has an expansive range covering all parts of documentation and marketing in legitimized structure. DRA is a dynamic, remunerating field that incorporates both logical and lawful parts of medication advancement. DRA experts are committed people who invest heavily in their commitment to improving the health and quality of life of peoples. RA as calling is more extensive than enlistment of product; they prompt organizations both deliberately and actually at the most significant level.
Today, the administrative necessities for approval of another medication in the different nations of the world are very extraordinary. To create one single administrative methodology for marketing authorization application (MAA) of another medication product for different nations is most extreme troublesome assignment particularly for organizations with worldwide exercises. In this manner, it is imperative to know in detail the administrative necessities in every nation where a MAA ought to be submitted to build up an appropriate administrative technique before the accommodation so as to stay away from any significant troubles. The new medication approval is of two stage process, clinical preliminaries stage and Marketing approval of medication. This review article depends on procedures for drug approval in different countries like India, USA, Europe and Canada.
2. Harsha Y, Reddy Vs, Mary D, Nagarjunareddy D, Nagabhusanam Bb. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Research and Bio-Science. 2017; 6 (2): 170-77.
3. D.K. Sanghi, Rakesh Tiwle. Role of regulatory affairs in a pharmaceutical industry, International Journal of Pharmacy Research & Review. 2014; 4(2): 127-31.
4. Lale S, Kendre A, Gandhi M and Dani S. Role of Drug Regulatory Affairs in Pharma Industry. World Journal of Pharmaceutical Research. 2015; 4 (6): 615-25.
5. Monappa R. Sutar, Deepali R. Gawhane, C.R.Tenpe. Study of Drug Regulatory Approval Process and Comparative Requirement of Common Technical Documents (CTD) in Europe, USA and India in Coordination with Drug Developmental Process. International Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences Review and Research. 2013; 20(2): 68-79.
6. Prajapati V, Goswami R, Makvana P, Badjatya JK. A review on drug approval process for US, Europe and India. Int J Drug Reg Affairs [Internet]. 2014 Mar 6 [cited 2020 Jun 22]; 2(1):1-11. Available from:
7. Mahapatra AK, Sameeraja NH, Murthy PN. Drug Approval Process in United States of America, European Union and India: A Review. Applied Clinical Research, Clinical Trials and Regulatory Affairs. 2014; 1(1): 13-22.
8. Ng R. Drugs: from discovery to approval. John Wiley & Sons; 2015.p.201-202
9. Berry IR, Martin RP, editors. The pharmaceutical regulatory process. Informa healthcare; 2008. p.45.
10. Sawant AM, Mali DP, Bhagwat DA. Regulatory Requirements and Drug Approval Process in India, Europe and US. Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairrs. 2018: 7(2): 1-10.
11. Chakraborty K, Yadav K. Drug approval process in US, Europe and India and its regulatory requirements: A Review. International Journal of Drug Regulatory Affairs (IJDRA). 2018; 6(3):31-9.
12. Mulaje SS. Mulaje S. procedure for drug approval in different countries : A Review. JDDT [Internet]. 17 Mar. 2013 [cited 22 Jun. 2020]; 3(2). Available from: http://jddtonline.info/index.php/jddt/article/view/409
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM