Role of mask in COVID-19 pandemic
Use of face mask is a common practice around the world, especially in countries like China & India. The general public uses a face mask as a measure to prevent breathing in dust or airborne particles. In Covid-19 Pandemic, there has been a debate going on the different type of mask usage or to whether all people should wear mask considering the mask shortage for Health care workers. Public health agencies have advised the general public to use homemade cloth mask when in public and World Health Organization (WHO) have released guidelines on when and which mask to use when taking care of suspected or confirm coronavirus patient. Business and communities have stepped up in providing resources to the health care system to help fight in this pandemic. Many country governments have regulated warning face mask or covering up mouth and nose when in public. Overwhelming Health care system around the world has come up with ways to manage with limited resources. Shortage of mask has led to black marketing and price gouging of this life-saving Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
2. Jill Seladi-Schulman. Health Line. Can Face Masks Protect You from the 2019 Coronavirus? What Types, When and How to Use [Internet]. 2020 Jun 2 [Cited 2020 June 20]. Available from:
3. Wikipedia. N95 Mask [Internet]. wikipedia.org; 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 21]. Available from:
4. Wikipedia. Cloth face mask [Internet]. 2020[cited 2020 Jun 21]. Available from:
5. Alexander Mallin. ABC News [Internet]. New York: Medical supplies seized from alleged price gouger to be distributed to hospitals; 2020 Apr 02 [cited 2020 June 22]. Available from:
6. Matt Binder. Mashable. Coronavirus sparks black market filled with fake and stolen N95 face masks [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 22]. Available from:
7. Rema Nagarajan. Times of India. New Delhi: Govt. warns against profiteering in N-95 masks, but Oks price three times what it pays [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 22]. Available from:
8. Wikipedia. Shortages related to the COVID-19 pandemic [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 22]. Available from:
9. Wikipedia. Open-source ventilator [Internet]. 2020 [Cited 2020 Jun 23]. Available from:
10. World Health Organization (WHO). Advice on the use of masks in the context of COVID-19 [Internet]. 2020 Jun 05 [cited 2020 June 24]. Available from:
11. World Health Organization (WHO). Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) advice for the public: When and how to use masks [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 24]. Available from:
12. Wikipedia. Face masks during the COVID-19 pandemic [Internet]. 2020 [cited 2020 Jul 10]. Available from:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM