General requirements for marketing authorization transfers in Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia and Philippines
The review article is only for brief idea about the Marketing Authorization Transfers in few of ASEAN region. Whatever the data here I have been provided is according to my knowledge and study depends on healthy authorities/regulatory authorities sometimes requirements also may change. A Marketing Authorization Transfer is may be necessary to a company selling their product rights to another company it’s like acquisition. In Order to transfer any kind of Pharmaceutical Products in ASEAN region from one MAH to other MAH that particular product must have a Marketing Authorization Transfer issued by the competent health/Regulatory Authority. This MAT is issued to a legal entity called MAT. It is a procedure by which the MA is transferred from the Old MAH to New MAH which is a different legal entity. The MA holder is completing responsibility for the life of the pharmaceutical product including all technical development and further alterations. The MAT process outcomes in the original MAH rights and responsibilities concerning the specific pharmaceutical product to be transferred to the New MAH on a specific date on which the transfer is stimulated. According to dossier all the parameters would be present. The expiry date is same and therefore, if applicable, the date by which it has to be renewed in order to remain legal. If any obligations are applicable (post authorization): PSUR, follow-up measures and special commitments.
2. Definition of Marketing Authorization Transfer [Internet]. Wikipedia; 2018 [cited 2018 Jan 11]. Available from:
3. Certificate of pharmaceutical product [Internet]. Genpact Pharmalink; 2018 [cited 2018 Jan 14]. Available from:
4. Member Countries. Association of Southeast Asian nations [Internet]. Aseansec [cited 2018 Jan 04]. Available from:
5. The ASEAN advantage [Internet].Canada ASEAN business council; 2012 [Cited 2017/07]. [cited 2018 Jan 25]. Available from:
6. Marketing Authorization Holder – Legal Obligations [Internet]. Pharmalex; 2018 [cited 2018 Feb 21]. Available from:
7. A critical review of the current marketing authorization transfer procedure in Europe [Internet]. Europe: 2013 [cited 2018 Feb 02]. Available from:
8. Medicinal products. Transfer of Marketing Authorisation [Internet]. Croatia: Halmed [cited 2018 Jan 08]. Available from:
9. Applications regarding new marketing authorization holder [Internet]. Danish Medicines agency [cited 2018 Jan 14]. Available from:
10. Updated Marketing Authorization Holder (MAH) Procedures [Internet]. Malaysia: 2005 May 02 [cited 2018 Jan 09]. Available from:
11. Drug registration guidance document (DRGD) [Internet]. Malaysia: Ministry of Health; 2016 Jan [updated 2016 Jan; cited 2018 Jan 12]. Available from:
12. Kadian N, Saini M, Tandon M. Registration Procedure of marketing authorization of Medicinal Products in Malaysia [Internet].India [cited 2018 Jan 20]. Available from:
13. Guideline on Procedural Aspects Regarding Marketing Authorization of Vaccines in Thailand. Pharmaceutical Bureau [Internet]. FDA, Ministry of Public Health; 2016 [cited 2018 Feb 22]. Available from:
14. Adcock A, Rungpry S, Homhuan A, Tilleke & Gibbins. Distribution and marketing of drugs in Thailand: overview [Internet].Thomsonreuters [cited 2018 Feb 23]. Available from:
https://uk.practicallaw.thomsonreuters.com/0-618-6841?transitionType=Default&contextData= (sc.Default) &first Page=true&bhcp=1
15. Jain A, P. V, Reddy.G R, T.M. P. Regulatory Requirements & Marketing Authorization of Generic Drugs in Singapore & Thailand. International Journal of Drug Regulatory Affairs [Internet]. 2018 Feb 13 [cited 2018 Feb 24];3(1):62-4. Available from:
16. Distribution and Marketing of Drugs in Indonesia [Internet]. Thomsonreuters; 2018 Apr 01 [cited 2018 Apr 23]. Available from:
17. NADFC [Internet]. Wikipedia; 2018 [cited 2018 Jan 16]. Available from:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Agency_of_Drug_and_Food_Control of Repulic of Indonesia
18. Transfer of Marketing Authorization (MA) from Current MAH to New MAH [Internet].DGRA;2018 [cited 2018 Jan 18]. Available from:
19. Centre for drug regulation and research [Internet].Philippines: FDA;2018 [cited 2018 Jan 17]. Available from:
20. No Objection Letter [Internet]. CDSCO; 2014 [Cited 2014]. [cited 2018 Feb 11]. Available from:
21. Application form for the transfer of a marketing authorization holder for an authorized product [Internet]. Malta: Medicines Authority [cited 2018 Feb 12]. Available from:
22. Product-information templates [Internet]. EMEA; 2018 [cited 2018 Jan 20]. Available from:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM