SCALE UP AND POSTAPPROVAL CHANGES (SUPAC) GUIDANCE FOR INDUSTRY: A REGULATORY NOTE
In today scenario, as per market demand there is definitely carry out an increment or decrease in production, this is called SUPAC. Different guidelines are provided for those different types of SUPAC in by different regulatory authority for manufacturing of product. Here SUPAC guidelines for USFDA are elaborated for production in this review article.
2. FDA. Center for Drug Evaluation and Research, Guidance for Industry: Immediate Release Solid Oral Dosage Forms. Scale-up and Post-Approval Changes: Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls, In Vitro Dissolution Testing, and In Vivo Bioequivalence Documentation [SUPAC-IR]; 1995 Nov.
3. Meyer M C, Straughn A B, Jarvi E J, Wood G C, Pelsor F R, and Shah V P. "The Bioequivalence of Carbamazepine Tablets with a History of Clinical Failures," Pharmaceutical Research; 1992. 9:1612-16.
4. Moore J W and Flanner H H. "Mathematical Comparison of Dissolution Profiles," Pharmaceutical Technology. 1996; 20 (6): 64-74.
5. Shah V P, et al. "In Vitro Dissolution Profile of Water Insoluble Drug Dosage Forms in the Presence of Surfactants," Pharmaceutical Research. 1989; 6:612-18.
6. Shah V P, Skelly J P, Barr W H, Malinowski H, and Amidon G L. "Scale-up of Controlled Release Products - Preliminary Considerations," Pharmaceutical Technology. 1992; 16(5):35-40.
7. Shah, V P, et al., "In Vivo Dissolution of Sparingly Water Soluble Drug Dosage Forms," International Journal of Pharmaceutics. 1995; 125:99-106.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM