Establishment of blending control for Hand operated Double Cone Blender
In the current study, a fundamental approach is used to establish operation procedure, for a hand operated double cone blender. Initially, assuming for a potent drug, where in, the strength of the drug is very less in the final dosage form, a one percent concentration of potassium permanganate with respect to final one kilogram of blended powder using starch as diluent was planned. With a kind of geometric progression method, at a rate of 10 rotations per minute, the final outcome of the uniform distribution of the potassium permanganate was found to be for at least for fourteen hours of rotations, leading to concentration range of potassium permanganate 0.08 ± 0.025 mg per mg of final blended powder.
2. Swathi M, Nagarani A and Rao BS. A Study of Identification of Attributes in Pharmaceuticals for Resolving the Issue of Zero-defect. The Pharma Review. 2017; Nov-Dec:44-6.
3. Sneha NP, Venu K, Manohar R, Gayathri B and Rao BS. Role of Normal Error Curve in Pharmaceuticals. The Pharma Review. 2017; Mar-Apr:72-4.
4. Rau BS and Vijaya Ratna J. A Pilot Survey and Study of Status of Small Scale Pharmaceutical Industry in India. Pharma Times. 2012; 44(4):15-21.
5. Rau BS and Vijaya Ratna J. A Study on Selected Components of Supply Chain in Pharmaceuticals. The Pharma Review. 2013; Sep-Oct:65-72.
6. Nash RA, Wachter AH. Pharmaceutical Process Validation. 3rd ed. New York: Informa Healthcare; 2011.p. 443-63.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM