A retrospective study of Warning Letters issued by US FDA over 2015-2017
This paper provides contemporary climate of warning letters issued by US FDA over 2015 to 2017. With 1300$ Billion Revenue in 2017 United States stands as World’s largest Pharmaceutical Market. Being the largest, diversified and due to globalization, US Pharma industry is the most competitive and critical sectors of the economy. So, exporting to the US is a great opportunity which is leveraged by many countries and US FDA was formed to check the quality standards of Medicines. Since the inception of US FDA, it has been giving many warning letters to Pharmaceutical Companies for violating regulatory guidelines. The back bone of this paper is to analyse warning letters and to identify what are the major violations in case of Pharmaceuticals.
2. ITA. 2016 Top Markets Report Pharmaceuticals. United States: International Trade Administration; 2016.
3. Services. U. D. What We Do. [Internet]. US FDA; 2017 Dec 29 [cited 2018 May 05]. Available from:
4. Charles Preston M M. FDA and Pan American Partners Work to Strengthen Regulatory Systems [Internet]. US FDA; 2014 May 28 [cited 2018 May 05]. Available from:
5. Services, U. D. FDA Basics: When and Why FDA was formed? [Internet]. US FDA; 2018 Mar 07 [cited 2018 May 05]. Available from:
6. FDA. Warning Letters and Notice of Violation Letters to Pharmaceutical Companies [Internet]. FDA; 2018 [cited 2018 May 05]. Available from: https://tinyurl.com/ydhmffky
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM