Preventive measures of Ayurveda and Yoga for Covid-19 Prophylaxis
Covid -19 outbreak is now a frustrating entity to the medical field and having dreadful impacts on the global health care system & its economy. A standard timeline of treatment for this entity is not yet being established. This situation demands an alternative search for its treatment in other science & also emphasises the importance of its prevention in the current situation by improving immunity. The basic aim of this paper is to search for various treatment & preventative regimes in Ayurveda, Yoga, Pranayama, and Meditation for the management of different communicable diseases. Various references in Ayurveda show that both preventative & curative aspect of airborne communicable diseases can be fulfilled with the help of Ayurveda. By the adopting Ayurvedic measures such as following proper Dincharaya, Rutucharya, Sadvritta, Achara Rasayana, Panchakarma , Shaman Cikitsa & Rasayana, Yogapachara , Spiritual therapies, Dhoopana Karma; both physical and mental health can be maintained & occurrence & spreading of such diseases can avoid. During this covid 19 pandemic, peoples maybe got stress and depression. To avoid such conditions used pranayama and meditation for better treatment. This was an encouraging development and a good initiative for the treatment.
https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-020-00938-0 doi: 10.1038/d41586-020-00938-0.
2. Girish T, Sarika C, Arvind C, and Bhushan P. The Journal of Alternative and Complementary medicine [Internet]. Pune: Mary Ann Liebert Inc.; 2020[cited 2020 Jun. 20]. Available from:
https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/pdf/10.1089/acm.2020.0129. Volume 26, Number 5, 2020, pp. 360–364.
3. World Health Organization. Global research on corona virus (covid-19) [Internet]. WHO; 2020 [cited 2020 Jun 12]. Available from:
4. Shriti S, Sangeeta G, Agarwal N.K. Banaras Hindu University [Internet]. Varanasi: Banaras Hindu University; 2019[cited 2020 Oct. 10] .Available from:
5. Zunyon Wu, Jennifer M, Googan MC. National Library of Medicine [Internet]. China: JAMA Network; 2020[cited 2020 Feb 24]. Available from:
6. Vinjamury S P, Vinjamury M, Sucharitakul S, et al. Evid Based Complement Alternat med [Internet]. California: National Library of Medicine; 2005[cited 2020 Oct. 08]. Available from:
7. Balasubramani SP, Venkatasubramanian P, Kukkupuni SK, et al. Chinese journal of integrative medicine [Internet]. Varanasi: Springer; 2011[cited 2020 Aug 15]. Available from:
8. Chandran S, Dinesh K, Patgiri B, et al. National Library of Medicine [Internet]. Bangolore: J Ayurveda Integr Med; 2018[cited 2020 sep. 30]. Available from:
9. Saketkhoo K, Januszkiewicz A, Sackner MA. The American College of Chest Physicians [Internet]. America: Elsevier Inc; 1978[cited 2020 Feb 18]. Available from:
10. Cinatl J, Morgenstern B, Bauer G, et al. Japanese: Public Health Emergency collection [Internet] National Library of Medicine; 2003[cited 2020 Jul.12]. Available from:
11. Singh N, Bhalla M, de Jager P, et al. Lucknow: Afr J Tradit Complement Altern Med [Internet]. National Library of Medicine; 2011[cited 2020 Jul. 10]. Available from:
12. Chopra A, Saluja M, Tillu G. National Library of Medicine [Internet]. Bangalore: J Ayurveda Integr Med; 2010[Cited 2020 June 23]. Available from:
13. Agarwal R, Diwanay S, Patki P, et al. Journal of Ethanopharmacology [Internet]. 1999[cited 2020 Mar. 12]. Available from:
14. Kaminsky DA, Guntupalli KK, Lippmann J, et al. Burlington: Mary Ann Liebert, Inc. [Internet]. Europe PMC; 2020[cited 2020 Oct. 20]. Available from:
15. Nagarathna R et al., America: Int J Yoga [Internet]. National Library of medicine; 2020[cited 2020 Oct. 23]. Available from:
16. Badjatya JK, Pooja Chaudhari, Bheda A. Prevention, treatment and cure for COVID-19. Int J Drug Reg Affairs [Internet]. 2020 Sep.17 [cited 2020 Sep. 22];8(3):36-5. Available from:
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM