EFFECTS OF PH, SALT, TEMPERATURE ON CONVENTIONAL LIPOSOMES SIZE ENLARGEMENT ANALYZED BY OPTICAL MICROSCOPE
The objective of the present study was to investigate the effects of experimental conditions like pH, salt, temperature on the interactions of conventional liposomes. The model drug Stavudine was entrapped in the liposomes composed of Phosphotidyl Choline and cholesterol in the ratio of 200mg: 80mg and prepared by thin film hydration method. Liposomes preparation was characterized and compared for particle size, mean dispersion, entrapment efficiency, Zeta potential and the size enlargement studies were carried out in optical microscope by using Magnus.
2. D.Papahadjopoulos, ed. (1978) Annal. N.Y. Acad. Sci., 308, 1.
3. G.Gregoriadis,C.Kirpy, (1984),A simple method of high yield drug entrapment in liposomes. Biotechnology, November,pp979-984.
4. F.Roerdink, J.Dijkstra, G.Hartman, B.Bolscher and G.Scherphof, (1981) Biochim. Biophys. Acta, 677,79.
5. M.R.Labiris,M.B. DolovichBritish journal of pharmacology, 2003,56(6): 600-612.
6. I.Genin, G.Barat, T.XuanThao, J.Delattre and F. Puisieux, Optimization and characterization of freeze dried multilammellar liposomes. (1994),vol.49,pp.645-652.
7. M.J.Ostro, liposomes: From Biophysics to Therapeutics, Marcel Decker, New York,1987.
8. R.L. Juliano and S.S.Daoud ; Journal of controlled release(1990), 11(225-232).
9. K.D.Kieburtz, M. Seidllin, J.S.Lambert, R.Dollis, R.Reichman, T.Valentine. Extended follow up of neuropathy in patients with AIDS. J Acquir Immuno Defic Syndrom. 1992; 5:60-64.
10. R.W.Klecker,J.M.Collins,R.Yarchoan et al. Plasma and cerebrospinal fluid pharmacokinetics of 3-azido-3-deoxythymidine.Clin Pharmacol Ther.1987;41:407-412.
11. A.D.Bhangham, M.M.Standish, J.C. Watkins. Diffusion of univalent ions across the lamellae of swollen phospholipids. J.Mol.Biol. 1965,13: 238-252.
12. G. Gregoriadis, (1980) Nature (London) , 283, 814.
13. S. B. Kulkarni, E.I. Vargha-Butler. Effect of bilayer additives on encapsulation of steroids in MLV liposomes.Int.J.Pharm.Adv.1:408-413.
14. D.J.Crommelin, N.J.Zuidam , R.D. Vrueh,( 2003) Characterisation of liposomes,in liposomes: A practical approach, Oxford University press, Newyork, ,pp. 66-67.
15. B. L. Gamon, J. W. Viirden, J.C. Berg, 1989. J. Coll. interface science, 132: 125-138.
16. D. D. Lasic, N. S. Templeton., 2000. Gene therapy: therapeutic mechanisms and strategies, Marcel Dekker, Newyork.
17. M. Juan Ruso, Lina Besada, Laura Seoane. Interactions between liposomes and cations in aqueous solution: (2003), J.Liposome research,Vol.13, pp.131-145.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM