PYRAZOLINE SYNTHESIS THROUGH A CHALCONE INTERMEDIATE
Pyrazoline derivatives, being used as potential medicinal agents, possess many important pharmacological activities and therefore they are useful materials in drug research. A series of these derivatives HT- 1 to HT- 6 containing 5-4-(chlorophenyl)-1,3-diphenyl- 4,5-dihydro-1H-pyrazole derivatives were synthesized, structures were confirmed using melting point, IR, NMR and MS and evaluated for their antibacterial activity using disc diffusion method at concentration 2mg/ml. The reference used was Amikacin and mostly, all synthesized compounds exhibited a significant antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus (MTCC No. 96) as Gram positive bacteria, Staphylococcus epidermidis(MTCC No. 435) as Gram positive and Escherichia coli (MTCC No. 739) as Gram negative bacteria. It was observed that HT-1 and HT-2 possess good antibacterial potential against S. aureus, HT- 5 against S.epidermidis and HT-1 and HT-4against E. coli.
2. Lombardino JG, Otterness IG, et al. Novel immunosuppressive agents. Potent immunological activity of some bensothiopyrano [4,3-c]pyrazol-3-one. J Med Chem. 1981; 24: 830-34.
3. Holla BS, Akberali PM, Shivananda MK, et al. Studies on arylfuran derivatives: Part X. Synthesis and antibacterial properties of arylfuryl-Δ2-pyrazolines.Il Farmaco. 2000; 55:256-63.
4. Ali MA, Yar MS, Kumar M, Pandian GS, et al. Synthesis and antitubercular activity of substituted novel pyrazoline derivatives. Nat Prod Res. 2007 Jun; 21(7):575-9.
5. Bansal E, Srivatsava VK, Kumar A , et al. Synthesis and anti-inflammatory activity of 1-acetyl-5-substituted aryl – 3 - (beta-aminonaphthyl) – 2 -pyrazolines and beta-(substituted aminoethyl) amidonaphthalenes. Eur J Med Chem. 2001; 36: 81-92.
6. Manna F, Chimenti F, Fioravanti R, Bolasco A, Seecci D, Chimenti P, Ferlini C, Scambia G, et al. Synthesis of some pyrazole derivatives and preliminary investigation of their affinity binding to P-glycoprotein. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005; 15: 4632-35.
7. Ahn JH, Kim HM, Jung SH, Kang SK , Kim KR, Rhee SD, Yang SD, Cheon HG, Kim SS, et al. Synthesis and DP-IV inhibition of cyano-pyrazoline derivatives as potent anti-diabetic agents. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2004; 14: 4461- 65.
8. Prasad YR, Rao AL, Prasoona L, Murali K, Kumar PR, et al. Synthesis and antidepressant activity of some 1,3,5-triphenyl-2-pyrazolines and 3-(2H- hydroxynaphthalen-1-yl)-1,5-diphneyl- 2-pyrazolines. Bioorg Med Chem Lett. 2005; 15: 5030-34.
9. Mulder R, Wellinga K, Van Daalen JJ, et al. A new class of insecticides. Naturwissenschaften. 1975; 62: 531-32.
10. Cruickshank R, Duguid JP, Marion BP, Swain RHA, et al. The practice of medicinal microbiology, 12th ed., vol. II. London: Churchil Livingstone; 1975.p. 196-202.
11. Collins AH (Ed.). Microbiological Methods, 2nd ed. London: Butterworth; 1976.p. 24.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial 4.0 International License.
The International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs require a formal written transfer of copyright from the author(s) for each article published. We therefore ask you to complete and return this form, retaining a copy for your records. Your cooperation is essential and appreciated. Any delay will result in a delay in publication.
I/we have read and agree with the terms and conditions stated Page 2 of this agreement and I/we hereby confirm the transfer of all copyrights in and relating to the above-named manuscript, in all forms and media, now or hereafter known, to the International Journal of Drug Regulatory affairs, effective from the date stated below. I/we acknowledge that the IJDRA is relying on this agreement in publishing the above-named manuscript. However, this agreement will be null and void if the manuscript is not published in the IJDRA.
Download link for COPYRIGHT FORM